Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Today's happenings

Today (that is, February 26), I gave a videoconferencing demo to teachers in Alaska. Unfortunately, I was not able to see the other side, but the demo went fairly well in my opinion. After the demo I had lunch of hot blueberry mini-waffles with apple jam. I also had a juicy navel orange.

After my nap, my sister Adrianna and our friend Katie, who attends the same school as Adrianna, came back from junior high, played outside, and came in for afterschool. After Katie had finished her homework, we learned about American history from a website. We also learned about children in Victorian Britain and World War II on the BBC website, and memorized in order the monarchs of the houses of Plantaganet, Lancaster and York, Hanover, and Windsor.

Once Katie was gone I immediately went to my mom's room to watch news on the TV. This is one of my daily rituals--as soon as class ends at 5:30, I come upstairs to watch thirty minutes of alternating between World News with Charles Gibson and CBS news with Katie Couric. After those thirty minutes are done, I watch another thirty minutes of NBC's Nightly News with Brian Williams. My mom (with some reason) calls me a news junkie.
Share:

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:21 AM

    One of my such daily rituals includes watching a political news broadcast, and following the aforementioned I prefer to wind down with an episode of the television program Full House. It is a humorous program about an unorthodox family set in the 1990's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:20 AM

    This morning I had a very happy lesson ,my teacher's words were so interesting that we laughed all the time.May you have a happy tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:45 PM

    Oh ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:03 PM

    hello Adora!
    i'm Annabel Chang,from China...
    i know u from a magazine in china,and i've read ur articles...i think u r so talented!
    so i'd like to be ur friend...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:08 PM

    Dear Adora:
    You are the most talented writer I have ever met! I never thought such a person like you would've existed. Writers like you are not common these days. In my oppinion, you can write even better that an adult. I really admire you, too bad I don't live where you do and don't know you. But if I did I'd might be a little jealous of your considerable abilities. Your vocabulary is just amazing beyond description! I wonder where you learned all that, just curious. Oh wait! I got some books I REALLY want to recommend to you! The following books are:
    Ranger's Apprentice
    The Last Apprentice
    Magyk
    Flyte
    Warriors
    The Lightning Thief (It's Hilarious! And it is sooo cool! It has stuff to do with Greece, and it's VERY awesome!)
    The Chronicles of Ancient Darkness (Oh, and its about clans and hunting. Sort of like the aboriginals, but cooler!):
    Wolf Brother
    Spirit Walker
    Soul Stealers
    Bone.
    Bone is a graphic novel, you must have had heard of it! It is quite popular, here in Canada, the name of the author is Jeff Smith? I think. Too bad only 7 of those books were in Canada, while America already had 9 in all, and in colour! Lucky, lucky! Anyways, you are such a talented writer. Your pencils and pens and laptops must be so proud to have such a famous owner (If they have a brain that is)!
    Sincerely,
    Jarold

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:10 PM

    Oh wait, I never met you, I heard about you. Anyways, just correcting that mistake i wrote!
    Done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to meet you, Adora Svitak. I am one of the readers who enjoy your first book, "Flying Fingers", I am a ten-year-old little boy and I thirst for to be accustomed to you. I thank you if you agree my desire, would you ? We then could share our story, I have also a story. Could you let me know your blog's address ? I have also got a blog for my own, but it isn't beautiful, I don't know how to decorate it. Nice to meet you, my name is Dannyal Windfall Halliday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and could you tell me your email ? Because I'm very far from where you are living
    I'm Vietnamese, the country that you have already visited ! Do you still remember VietNam ?

    ReplyDelete