Monday, September 21, 2009

Confessions of a Couch Potato Part 1

I feel very guilty about my habits. This afternoon, I watched thirty minutes of ABC World News with Charles Gibson while lounging on the couch and doing apathetic leg movements in a penitent effort to exercise. The fact that I'm watching news programming doesn't excuse the fact that I am not exercising as much as I should.

Here are the facts:
  • I do not usually walk around the neighborhood more than twice a week.
  • I dread the idea of walking up the steep hill on which I live, which leads to the above fact.
  • I like eating foods that are probably fatty, like cheese and yogurt.

I am making some half-hearted attempts at exercise. For instance, I tried to do splits. Because this is an impossible feat which even my older sister (who is, compared to the rest of our family, a workout guru) has not accomplished.

But I must now depart to go on a walk around the neighborhood. It's my first this week.

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment