Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Okay, I admit it.



I've been having a pretty fun time in New York. From escapades in Central Park to appearing on the Big Idea (CNBC) to a round-up of the day at the classy restaurant "Moda" (at Flatotel New York), it hasn't been too bad at all.

Just now we came back from a carriage ride in New York. A majestic steed, white with a dappled back (named Whitey), deigned to pull us through the picteresque (though somewhat rutted) paths of Central Park as my mom yakked away with the driver.

Tomorrow I'm going on another lark at the New York Book Expo. I'm also doing an article for the Time For Kids Reporter's Talent Contest about the Expo, which required a lengthy outline (which I did on casually decorated Flatotel notepads).

I'll deign to post the article on the blog as soon as it's strained, tamed, and maimed to the same standards as any intellectual's treatise. I haven't even begun--you'll excuse me, because the Book Expo hasn't, either.

Speaking of media, etc., I appeared on CNBC's Big Idea show just this morning. It's airing Thursday night, starting ten pm Eastern Time, so if any of you guys have a networth of at least--okay, I'm kidding. I henceforth command you lowly peons to WATCH IT!

That is, if you have cable.

I don't.
Share:

2 comments:

  1. Hey Adora, I just saw you on the Big Idea and wanted to write and say your words are quite inspirational.. I would really love to speak with you about possibly doing a collaboration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:24 PM

    Adora! You are an amazing inspiration. As a future teacher (I begin teaching high school English in the fall) I have been very scared of attempting to educate America's youth. However after seeing you on Big Idea I realized that I cannot wait to meet children who are capable of great things! I applaud you on your humanitarian work and hope that you become an ever bigger and stronger role model for students across America. I hope that you continue to inspire and give teachers the initative to educate the youth!!

    ReplyDelete