Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Description of an Obstacle written with KCOE Central USD School

Most of the people I knew liked to swing. I loved swinging, especially in the warm summer days when I didn’t have much else to do.
On one of those days, I was out swinging in the backyard with all my friends, when my mom and another adult came walking out of the house. I suppose that they weren’t looking where they were going, because, sadly, they ended up right in front of the swing.
Unless I wanted to give my mother a painful kick in the leg, I wouldn’t be able to swing for a little while. My mom’s conversations tend to . . . well, go on.

-------

Example of weaving thoughts and feelings into description:

The castle was tall and foreboding, made of black stone, with slits in the walls for arrows. I shivered as I looked at the castle—I could already imagine arrows flying at my head. The windows of the castle were of fine stain glass, and I could see no one in its empty and desolate halls.
Share:

3 comments:

  1. Adora,

    Are pessimistic predictions anathema to optimistic dreams and is the sharing of them a responsible thing to do or an indulgence to curb and control, because you know the way stupid adults are, believing almost everything they are told without thinking for themselves about the consequences of their [well actually, someone else's] beliefs.

    Have a nice day, Adora.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:41 PM

    Adora,

    I really love the way you described the castle. Nice work! I hope your writing 'career'(what would you call it?) goes well. :) I just found out about you this morning, in my extended reading class. My teacher plans to have us summarize an newpaper article tomorrow, and she showed us. Guess what it was about? You! Congrats on your books!
    ~Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:54 AM

    Wow! Great blog! Hope you can show me how to find a good way of finding a publisher!

    ReplyDelete